Friday, December 31, 2010

A Stinky New Year's Eve

Figuratively and literally.

Have you tried smelling fresh meat? How about a butcher's hand? Well, I do, 'cause that's what I smell like (all over). Just like Christmas eve, New Year's eve is a hit seller for meat vendors, like yours truly, in the market, only better. Yes, my hands, my shirt, my pants, my hair, my arms, I in general, are covered with blood and meat "juices" all over. But I am proud of this stinky smell, 'cause this is the smell of our income, our money in short. And I am very proud that I was a part of this blockbuster event (I woke up at 5am this morning just for this!) to help my parents out.

Fortunately, we were able to sell everything out, but on the other hand, we don't have food for Noche buena. Huhuhuhu. We don't even have fireworks to light up, well, I don't really think it's wise to waste and burn money on fireworks. My New Year's eve is not a typical one, no bonggang handa and paputok. But I think that the most important thing about welcoming 2011 is to have my small family happily together. Hearing good music, seeing cool fireworks and wearing fancy clothes (even there's no one to see me lol) come along as well. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...